Selected applicants for World Vets team are responsible for the following:
- Complying with Health & Documentation Requirements
- Understanding and agreeing to the Civil Military Missions Volunteer Agreement
- World Vets membership ($40 USD) and registration fee* ($450 USD)
- International airfare
- Obtaining any and all travel documentation required of them to visit host nations and the fees associated with this. This includes having a valid passport that is good for travel at least 6 months from your date of departure and any visas that may be required of you to enter/exit host nations.
- Obtaining any and all health requirements (i.e. vaccinations, malaria medication) and the fees associated with this
- Submitting all the necessary documentation to World Vets within 2 – 4 weeks of your official registration
- Representing World Vets in a professional manner for the duration of your participation on the mission
- Preparing presentations per the anticipated veterinary activities of the mission
- Wearing the assigned World Vets uniform while on the mission at all times
- Having some form of health insurance coverage
Please note: In the event of dates and/or details of the mission changing, team members will be responsible for any costs incurred as a result of this (i.e. cost of flight changes). We recommend volunteers purchase travelers insurance as a precaution and to help cover unexpected costs.
*Included in the registration fee is a volunteer kit with World Vets uniform shirts and additional information and/or gear for use on the mission